I've been waiting to post pictures of my nursery until I took a picture of my glider. That still hasn't happened, but here are the other pictures anyway....
The little monkey sitting next to the lamp was on my first birthday cake.
The framed card was one I received from a good friend, Tina Anglin. It was too perfect not to be framed and put in the nursery.
The bear sitting on the toy chest was given to me from sweet Christy Lampley--it's made from alpaca wool (SUPER SOFT!). She bought it while in South America this summer. We love it!
My glider sits in that space between the book shelf and the chest of drawers. The framed picture above is not what is really framed. We chose a picture of our hands to go there (see below).
The little rocking chair was mine when I was little. My mom painted it green to match the room. The last picture shows a canvas painted by a very sweet woman at church, Roberta Pledge. That canvas is very special to me--thank you, Roberta! You may notice the hand print above Roberta's canvas--that's not Clayton's print, but we've got one to go in it. I don't do anything without my mama here :)
My mom did everything except put the furniture together. She painted, repainted, and repainted things to my picky liking. She sewed the curtains and turned a trash can into a hamper by sewing a matching liner. She knitted the blanket sitting on top of the toy box below the window. She organized everything for me. It was the best week I've ever spent with her! I can't wait for her to come back when Clayton comes home.
Two posts in two days is big for me--I think I'll go sit in my extremely comfortable un-photographed glider and give myself a break :)














No comments:
Post a Comment