Saturday, November 12, 2011

What a day...

I knew when Clayton woke up 20 minutes early this morning that he was going to throw off his schedule.  I know, 20 minutes is not a big deal...but it was today.  The day just avalanched from there.  Clayton didn't want to sleep today--he was more interested in keeping himself awake by screaming.  It kills me when everyone says, "Make sure you sleep when he sleeps."  When is that?  What good will 30 minutes do?  That only makes me mad/impatient/mean to be asleep for a few minutes before he starts screaming.  I'd rather be a zombie--at least I'm a nice zombie. The whole sleep thing can wait  for another post...

The missionaries in Peru our congregation supports have returned for a 2 month furlough.  Some people from church got together at someone's house for dinner to welcome them home.  I wanted to go, but at the same time I didn't want to go.  Craig was going to stay home with Clayton so I could go.  I felt horrible leaving Craig home with Mr. Screamy while I went off and socialized.  I'm also dreadfully tired, which usually leads to tears.  Because I wanted to see the missionaries and I had obligated myself to take brownies, I went.  I'm so glad I did.  It made me happy to see my friends.  The sweet, sweet woman who hosted the dinner is incredible.  She encourages me to be a better person each time I'm around her.  I was standing next to her refrigerator and saw her copy of Clayton's Halloween picture.  It made me so happy to see that she had it up.  This was also the first time I've gotten to be around her new son, Jack, outside of church.  I loved seeing him run and play and interact with other people.  I was especially happy to see him eat ice cream :)  

There is nothing like a church family.  I grew up in a wonderful congregation and am so happy that we have found a congregation here that we feel so close to.  It truly is a wonderful thing to spend time with my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Thanks, Brandi, for dinner.  It was exactly what I needed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment