Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Welcome to my crib!

Clayton is weighing in at 3 lb. 15.9 oz. today.  We've reached another milestone: a crib.  Clayton was getting hot in his incubator (set on room temp) so I asked the nurse to get the nurse practitioner to put a crib in Clayton's orders.  She did, but there wasn't a crib available.  On Saturday, Clayton's heart rate and respiratory rate were both staying high (while he was sleeping) so I asked the nurse kindly if she could just set one of the other babies on the floor so Clayton could have his or her crib.  No, I didn't--but I did complain a little.  The nurse went to the postpartum floor and snagged one of their carts.  It was a tub on wheels (see picture below), but we were happy to be out of the incubator. 

Yesterday afternoon, a baby was discharged and my nurse grabbed that baby's crib.

We're still trying bottle feeding, but it's a slow process.  Sometimes he does great....and sometimes he forgets to breathe and turns purple like he did for me yesterday.  I hollered for a nurse and she got the oxygen for him.  Here's a few pictures of Craig holding Clayton while he was "gravity feeding."

 The following are just some random pictures I wanted to share.




3 comments:

  1. Hey Friend! I'm so glad to read that Clayton is growing and feeding better. We've all been praying for the three of you. If you guys need anything, let us know, ok?

    Love the pics btw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless his little heart. My kids have trouble and they delayed their arrival a bit. On a good day with a healthy baby, feedings can be hard. Has anyone told you that yet? You are a trooper! I love you. I'm suddenly sad that I might not be here to see Clayton devour goldfish. This blog can't stop when he gets home. Pinky promise it can't stop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandi, I promise I'll keep it up! It made me so happy to see Jack eating gold fish--I'll post pictures of Clayton with gold fish when we get there :)

    ReplyDelete