This is my blog, so I can say what I want....I have the best grandmother a girl could want. My grandmother and I have been the best of friends since I was old enough to remember. She and my dad were the only two people I liked for the first 5 or so years of my life. Some of my best memories include going to my grandparents' trailer at a lake that was always dried up. We (my cousins, grandmother, and I) climbed up Sand Mountain and slid down. We tromped through the woods looking for "tree horses" and playing cowboys and Indians. We walked along the railroad tracks looking for spikes--and we always ran to the tracks when we heard the train coming. We created animals in the sand/dirt. We played in and fought over the hammock. We shot BB guns and rode bikes though Styrofoam. We had fires and roasted marshmallows and we always had sparklers when we had fires. If I could go back to any point in my childhood, it would be the time spent at the trailer. Well, except that I was always afraid of Grans' dog, Muffy--and Muffy always came with us.
That lake was always dried up and the trailer is no more. Now, we have the cabin and it's my new happy place. I love spending time in the summer, fall, and winter with my grandmother at the cabin. I love to go to the flea market with her and to cook with her. My grandmother and I share a love of cookbooks and cooking. We do disagree on whether to eat chili over spaghetti noodles though.....yuck.
She has had a lot on her plate the past few years with her arthritis and my Grandfather having Alzheimer's. I wish we lived in the same city--oh the fun we could have!
All this to say.....I love my grandmother very much. I could never hope for more in a grandmother.

No comments:
Post a Comment