Monday, December 19, 2011

Good Days and Bad Days with lots of screaming in between

Sad News:  I've been pulling Clayton's newborn clothes out of the drawers to pack up.  I remember how excited I was to get to the newborn clothes (from preemie) and now we're moving to 0-3 or 3 month clothes.  Most of his growth seems to be in length.  He may be taller than me next week.  

We've had some really good nights (like last night--only had to get up once to feed him) and some really bad nights (can't make it more than 2 hours between feedings).  We're having a lot of trouble with feeding right now.  Clayton has had horrible gas since he was born (the nurses kept Febreeze in his NICU room).  It's been a problem since we've come home, but it's finally affecting his feeding.  He screams during most feedings.  A full feeding (100cc) should take 20 minutes.  Sometimes, it takes an hour for him to eat 45cc.  He won't eat because he's in pain, so he won't sleep because he's hungry.....it just becomes a terribly vicious cycle.  He typically eats fine during the night (God hears my prayers every night!), but starts the screaming with his 7 AM feeding every day.  There is only one way to hold him to calm him and if you move him from that position to try to feed him once he's calm, the screaming starts again immediately.  I know a lot of this is gas pains, but I'm afraid some of it may be behavioral too (karma is real).  

So....here are some pictures of Clayton, but don't be fooled....he's not always happy.

 The bouncy chair is a wonderful thing!  When he won't sleep in his crib, he'll usually sleep in his bouncy chair.
 The cats don't show much interest in Clayton.  Tiger might sniff him, but really doesn't seem to care about him.  Of course, Lily runs when she hears him screaming.

 It's really just been this past week that Clayton has enjoyed laying on his play mat.  It's a good thing :)

The video above shows you how Clayton feels about his swing....

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you all:) My cousin had to put some type of drops in her daughters milk for her gas. I hope you find something to help him out...I know that must make you both feel miserable.

    ReplyDelete